Sunday, August 2, 2009

Organizing My Sex Life

I can't even begin to express how much happier i've been since I've cleaned out my office. Piles of "who knows what those papers are" have been replaced with simple manila file folders and plastic drawer liners from the 99Cent Store. (That place rocks for the budget conscious crowd.)

Spare pens and pencils that I used to go searching for are now in a hand-painted planter given to me by my son one Mother's Day. The plant might have died a long time ago, but my sense of balance is alive and well.

My office is not fancy. It's a small room I share with my husband and kids. At some point Rex will install a wrap-around desk with bookshelves, But for now it's more than fine. I have the best seat in the house facing the neighbors and our lovely green lawn. When I type in the early evening, the breeze flutters in - reminding me how fabulous it is to experience a California summer.

Cleaning out my desk has given me a charge far more electric than I ever anticipated. For what started out as something "I should" do quickly transformed into "What I Needed". I am not simply a wife and a mother. I'm not only a bill payer and a taxi driver. I am a woman who truly feels happiest when she's creating - and how can I do that with last year's school calendar, directions to a party from last month and more than a few pistachio shells littered between my junk mail?

As I smile far too smugly at my fresh inventory of pencils, clips, paper and who knows what else, I am grinning not so smugly at my marital inventory. When was the last time I did something really special for Rex?

Like those stamps on my desk I used to fumble for and never be able to find, I need to clean out my "romantic space" and make room for more common place sexiness. Out with the old bathing suit I tend to parade around in on hot days. In with a new tank top/panties set that I may, or may not, have gotten at the 99Cent store along with the plastic pencil liners. (If you think I'm a cheap ass, the answer is "No, I'd never shop there for cute undies." If you are like me and have seen some of that fabulous stuff at the dollar stores these days, then, "Yes, I did indeed find a faux lace see-through panty and tank set for a buck! Yeah for me!"

The great thing about refreshing my romantic inventory, along with my new desk, is there's now a clean space to make wild crazy love at the drop of a hat.

Well, maybe not that. I'm 6'1. The desk is fake wood from Ikea, circa 1992. I'll stick to real wood on a more supportive mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment